Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fun Friday!






Ever since Anthony started his new job at First RF, he's been taking every other Friday off. It's great! We get to have a Family Fun Friday! As we were out and about Friday Anthony said, 'Why didn't I do this before?' Having every other Friday off means that we can go out and do something on Friday, and then still have Saturday to do all the work around the house that needs to get done. Last Fun Friday we . . . . hmmm - I can't remember what we did . . . but I'm sure it was fun - oh yes, we went to Kangaroo Kingdom and had lunch at the park. This Friday - we went to the Boulder Dinner Theater Kids Cabaret. During the day - they have these little musical plays for preschool to age 5. So fun! I had never taken Allison to a play before and she absolutely loved it. She sat riveted the whole time - and Carter did too for that matter. The play was a modern take on The Gift of the Magi, complete with Hannah Montana CD's (Della's sacrifice so she could buy her BFF JD a case for his John Elway signed football, which he in turn sacrificed so he could buy a CD player for Della). We had great seats. The actors came right out into the audience and sang the cutest arrangements of Christmas songs. Della and JD lamented over what to give each other to the tune of Carol of the Bells (that was probably my favorite song). There were only 3 actors, Della, JD and the story teller - and then they chose some kids from the audience to play Della's mom, Christmas helpers (to help Della clean and decorate her room - Della's Christmas gift to her Mom), and Smilin' Sam - the pawn shop owner. Allison raised her hand high when they were looking for volunteers to play the parts . . . and Della looked over her way - but wisely passed her by after seeing how old she was. Anyway - I loved it, and the kids did too. I think we'll have to be regular patrons of the Kids Cabaret.


After the show we went to get subway Sandwiches and then had a picnic at Chataqua Park. This park is nestled right against the mountains in Boulder. The trees above the picnic tables had just lost all their leaves, and so we had fun playing in the leaves before taking a short hike on one of the many trails in the park. I was so proud of little Carter. He's a great hiker! And I could tell he loved being outdoors. He would stop and investigate the little flowers and got all excited whenever we would pass a dog on the trail (I'm afraid we might be in for a pet puppy someday). And the best part - was on the way home - the kids fell fast asleep. It certainly was a Fun Friday!


2 comments:

Daniel Foster said...

I love the pictures of you guys in the leaves! The action shot of Wendy is great--good photography Anthony! We wish we were there!
(This is Carrie by the way) :)

Smart Family said...

That is great that you guys can have a family day. You're right, when Saturday rolls around, it's usually more work than play. I hope you keep enjoying those Fridays!