Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bookworm Allison

Allison is learning to read! When we were in the car this weekend - she'd be trying to sound out words in the back seat - and then would tell us when she would figure it out. "Open House" - I would hear her shout and then point excitedly to the sign. If she can't figure it out - she's always asking me what things say. She started out reading the books that we've read over and over again - and I always thought she just memorized them . . . but then she has started reading books from the library that she's never seen before. I love this part of being a Mom. Storytime is one of my favorite times of the day. This morning (I woke up feeling a little under the weather . . . so I stayed in my jammers most of the morning) - anyway we were on the couch reading, and I asked Anthony to pull out the video camera . . .

6 comments:

Daniel Foster said...

She is amazing! I'll take her in my class! I can't wait to see you guys again!

Daniel Foster said...

That comment was actually from Carrie signed into Daniel's account! :) Oops!

Ashley said...

That is so cool! She is so darling, we so need to get together soon Wendy!!

Zilles Fam said...

Okay, so in a detailed manner, please describe how you get your 3 year old to read! Reading time is a favorite here, too, but I'm not quite sure our 2 year old is ready to read!

Lynn Watkins said...

I was looking forward to coming to Denver in November to read to Alison. It looks like I'm going to have her read to me. Fun. fun.

Jami McQuivey said...

Wow! That is awesome. Reading is so important and she is well on her way.