Sunday, June 8, 2008

PedEgg

So a friend of mine noticed my beautiful cracking feet and told me about this wonderful product - the PedEgg. Supposedly it is one of those TV infomercial - call in and buy the product kind of things. . . but she told me I could find it at Walgreens for $10. I decided to give it a try - and I love it! It's wonderful! So I was using the PedEgg in the bathroom tonight - while Allison was in the tub taking a bath - and she asked, 'Mom, are you erasing your feet?' I told her I was giving myself a pedicure - but she was stuck on this idea that I was erasing my feet. She then proceeded to ask if she could erase her feet too. I wasn't sure how explain this too her - anyway - it was funny. What else did she say today that was confusing. Oh yes - I was doing dishes and she came up and told me that her tummy was squishy. I'm not sure what she meant by that. Anyway - so today was my 3rd week in nursery - I'm slowly learning the ropes . . . and it was wonderful! I switched and did the lesson/activity/snack/ and music time first . . . and then playtime at the end - and I think it worked really well. In previous weeks it had been hard to keep the kids 'with me' when giving the lesson at the end. I should note - that we have Sacrament meeting at the end of the block - so they leave nursery and go to sacrament meeting. And anyway - I just think it works well to have them play at the end of nursery. OK . . . so there was something else I was going to write about - oh yeah - I remember - I was playing postlude after sacrament meeting and this little boy - umm how old would he be - he must be 9-ish - anyway this cute little boy came up and gave me a big hug and told me - 'You're the best!' It was so sweet.

5 comments:

Starla said...

We have Sacrament the last block as well so we have rearranged nursery like this:
1st 20 min- puzzles &/or bubbles (meet n greet)
15 min- lesson & color time
15 min- Music Time (primary chorister comes in after singing time in primary
20 min- playtime (each kid gets to pick 1 or 2 toys out then the toy closet stays locked, otherwise we clean up FOREVER)Plus they are usually motivated to clean up for snacks
20 min- snack time (Read books or tell stories while waiting for parents.
We found that if we do playtime at the end of nursery the kids have a really hard time sitting still for Sacrament.

I think Nursery is one of the best callings. It is so much fun. I am the Primary Secretary and we only have 1 nursery leader, so I go in and help. I am glad you like it. It took us 6 months to call a leader b/c no one wanted to be in the nursery. Keep up the good work!

amber said...

The PedEgg looks like a cheese gratter! I have a pumice stone that I use in the shower, but it is getting harder and harder to bend over. =)

Lisa said...

I am in the nursery too. How funny is it that we are all in nursery? We must really be in the kid stage. We came to the same conclusion you did-also through trial and error.
I love the eraser comment. Honestly I'm sitting here still laughing about it! I love this stage!

Wendy said...

That is so great we are all in nursery! We should totally share ideas. I like that schedule . . . having snack time at the end . . . I think I'll have to try that.

Wendy said...

Amber - are you expecting?!